EPE'23 ECCE Europe: Author's Kit for FINAL Papers
This page will help you to prepare and submit your final full paper for the EPE’23 ECCE Europe Conference.
The deadline to upload your FINAL full paper is: THURSDAY, 13 JULY 2023
Full papers presented at EPE’23 ECCE Europe will be included in IEEE Xplore®. Therefore, the organisers of EPE’23 ECCE Europe have registered for the use of IEEE PDF eXpress™. This feature will help you to either check whether the PDF-file of your full paper is IEEE Xplore®-compliant (PDF check function), or it will help you to create an IEEE Xplore®-compliant PDF-file (conversion function). No other format will be accepted !
TIP: Use IEEE Xplore® to convert your source file, rather than to check it!
After having converted your full paper into an IEEE Xplore®-compliant PDF-file, or after having checked it, you must upload your full paper into the
EPE’23 ECCE Europe submission system for inclusion in the EPE’23 ECCE Europe Proceedings.
This requires that you have registered for the conference and that your payment was received. Hence, we strongly recommend that you pay by Credit Card.
Every full paper submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore® and in the EPE’23 ECCE Europe-Proceedings must correspond with the IEEE Xplore® PDF-specifications for compatibility.
Steps to create and submit your EPE'23 ECCE Europe full paper:
- Write your paper according to the instructions stated below. Keep eventual comments from the reviewers and/or topic chairs about your provisional full paper in mind.
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to create an IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF-file (PDF conversion function) or
Use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to check whether your PDF-file is IEEE Xplore®-compliant (PDF check function).
- Register and pay for the EPE’23 ECCE Europe Conference. We advise to do this well on time and we strongly recommend to pay by credit card!
- Upload your full paper, the IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF-file, into the EPE’23 ECCE Europe submission system.
- (5a) If you are the author as well as the presenter of the paper, please complete the « I will be a speaker »-part of the submission system, or;
(5b) If you are the author, but not the presenter of the paper, please motivate the person who will present the paper to register for the conference and to complete the « I will be a speaker »-part of the submission system.
TIP: The person who will present the paper at EPE’23 ECCE Europe, should register for the conference and upload the full paper.
Step 1: Write your EPE'23 ECCE Europe Paper:
Formatting Instructions for the EPE’23 ECCE Europe Proceedings:
Main Title: TIMES NEW ROMAN 14 Bold
Centered Spacing: 6pt before, 18 pt after
COMPANY / INSTITUTION
Telephone number / Fax number
URL (if any)
(Author Information: TIMES NEW ROMAN 12pt Centered)
(If there are multiple authors from different companies / institutions: put the addresses next to each other)
1. General Information
The main text should:
- be in two-column format
- have justified alignment
- and have 0,7 cm spacing between the columns !
2. Acknowledgements (optional)
The acknowledgements directly follow the author information (TIMES NEW ROMAN 11pt)
Start the abstract on this page, below the keywords. Body text: TIMES NEW ROMAN 11pt.
Type Abstract (First Level head style), then the body of your text with a maximum of 20 lines.
Set your top, left, right and bottom margin to 2,5 cm.
First-Level Heads (Style Header 1)
First-level heads are TIMES NEW ROMAN 14 points Bold, in upper and lower case.
Spaces before are set to 12, spaces after to 6.
First-level heads should not be more than 1 line.
Second-level heads are TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 point Bold, in upper and lower case.
Spaces before and after are set to 6.
Second-level heads should not be more than 1 line.
Third-level Heads are TIMES NEW ROMAN 11 point Bold, in upper and lower case.
Spaces before and after are set to 6.
Normal style is TIMES NEW ROMAN 11 points, justified alignment.
- To format bullet lists, use the style « Bullets 1 »
- For multi-level bulleted lists, use normal indentation
To format numbered lists, use the style « numbers ».
- Single space each item
- For numerals, use English standards
For equations, use the style Equations: Normal with 0,4 Inch (1cm) left indent.
In equations, you can mix TIMES and SYMBOL fonts (11 points).
You can also use the MS-EQUATION (v. 2 or higher) format or MathType format.
The equations need to be numbered successively on the right hand side of the page.
References are in TIMES 10 pt. Space before and after must be set to 3 points.
Entries in reference lists are numbered and correspond to text citations.
They precede punctuation within square brackets: ex.: 
Do not use superscript to preserve legibility.
 Vanderkeyn Ralf W.: Example of fast switching component, EPE Journal Vol. 20 no 5, pp. 48-56
 Deboe B.D.: A novel type of grid converter, EPE 2011, paper 0321
 Perret F.: Development of GaN diodes for high voltage applications, EPE Journal Vol. 19 no 6, pp. 63-72
10. Figures and Tables
Figures must be numbered as referred to in the text. They must have an explicit caption (normal style).
Fig. 1: Typical figure caption
Tables will have a title (Second-level Heads) and be numbered using Roman numerals.
(ex.: Table I, Table II, …)
11. Paper Length
The Final Full Paper should not exceed 10 pages, with the references on page 11 (at max).
Step 2: Use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to convert or to check your full paper
- Write your full paper. Don’t forget to take into account the reviewer’s and/or topic chair’s comments which you (eventually) received in the notification e-mail. The full paper must be written in Engish.
- You may use the MS Word (.docx)-template or the LaTeX-template.
- Finalize and proofread your full paper. Check if the lay-out of the full paper is according to the formatting guidelines BEFORE you start using IEEE PDF eXpress™.
- Create your IEEE PDF eXpress™-account at https://ieee-pdf-express.org/ using the Conference ID: 58414X
How to prepare your source files:
- Create an account
- Enter your personal information
- Click on « dashboard »
- Click « Create New Title » and follow the procedure
- Don’t forget to approve your paper.
Steps 3 - 4 - 5: Register for EPE'23 ECCE Europe, pay and upload your full paper
Before you are able to upload your final full paper, you must register and pay for the conference and your payment must have been received. Only then the upload possibility will be set available to you. Therefore, we strongly advise to pay by Credit Card. If you pay by any of the other means, such as wire transfer, the possibility to upload will only become available when the money has been received. You will be informed about this by e-mail, but be aware that wire transfers can take time and that the deadline is approaching fast! To register for the EPE’23 ECCE Europe conference, click HERE, create an account and/or log in, click « Register » and follow the procedure. If you are the author as well as the presenter of the paper, do not forget to complete the « I will be a speaker » -part of the submission system. If you are the author, but not the presenter of the paper, please motivate the person who will present the paper to register for the conference and to complete the « I will be a speaker »-part of the submission system.
TIP: The person who will present the paper at EPE’23 ECCE Europe should register for the conference and upload the final full paper.
TIP: For the Registration Conditions, click HERE.